UML is widely used by ICT architects, designers, business analysts and developers. Many have a basic understanding gained by using basic UML on the job.
This course is intended to fill a knowledge gap by providing an overview of UML and how it has developed as the specification language of choice for systems architecture.
The high level goal is to provide an understanding of the background, context and architecture for use of the Universal Modeling Language (UML) with best practice modeling technology to specify the architecture for ICT, particularly open cloud developments.
Prior knowledge and experience of UML is helpful, though not essential.
The course is presented as a series of modules providing background, and a brief overview of the basic techniques and diagrams used in modeling ICT systems presented through a worked example of an enterprise model.
- ICT and Enterprise Architects
- IT Developers, Designers, and Business Analysts
- Anyone looking to learn more about UML
- A basic understanding of UML history and background
- A brief view of UML for cloud software, hosting & network infrastructure
- An overview of UML modeling technology and enterprise architecture
- Structural Diagrams use in UML modeling
- Business domain models
- Component diagrams
- Deployment diagrams
- Behavioral Diagrams used in UML Modeling
- Tracing models to business requirements
- Use cases &user interaction models
- Business process models
- Sequence diagrams & state machines
- Testing and deployment
- UML Pre-Self –Assessment
- UML Course Outline
- UML Overview and the Cloud
- Enterprise Architecture and UML
- UML Structural Elements
- UML Behavioral Elements
Non-member & Basic Members = $300.00
Full Members = $150.00